Thursday, January 21, 2010

R2P2 Thurs., Jan. 21, 2010 "VLCD" 3 -- 144.2 (down 1.4) 2.8 lbs R2 total loss

Last night was hard. I got hungry before I made it home from work, even though I'm trying to eat lunch at 1:00 or later, my tummy was still growling at 5:00. I wasn't hungry like this last round... I don't remember being anyway. I've been doing the same spring mix salad for lunch as I did round 1 but a tad different. This week I'm having grilled chicken and clementine in it, and I made a dressing with 1 cup of chicken broth, 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons of splenda, celery salt & garlic powder. I put it in an empty salad dressing bottle & took it to work. It is much tastier than just using a cap full of apple cider vinegar.

Anyway, last night I came home & was starving... so after reading a post on the forum about someone trying 2 eggwhites, 1 egg, scrambling & putting spinach & salsa in, I did just that with about 2 oz of grilled chicken (to keep the protein high). I also had like half a gallon of Milo's Splenda Tea last night. It was soooo good... I'm steering clear of stevia this round. So far, I'm doing just fine & I've been very "risky" against protocol.

Example - the eggs, splenda tea (not stevia), been having a diet coke every evening (making sure I get my fluids in first), I had one sugar free redbull Tuesday and TWO sugar free redbulls on Wed. I lost 2.8 and 1.4.... so far so good!
I've also had broccoli, because I added it into my p2 round1 at the end and it had no ill effect.

I DO NOT encourage anyone doing the protocol for the first time to be a rebel like I am this time. You NEED to experience it the way it's supposed to be, get a feel for what your body is saying by experiences with gains and losses in P3 and P4, and then for the second round, experiment and "push" the protocol then if that's what you want to do. Some people say "why mess up a good thing when you KNOW it works?" Well, I feel okay personally with experimenting this round. I'm not "overweight" anymore though I'm not where I want to be, I've learned how to listen to my body, and it's my choice.

I learned in P3 that eggs, diet cokes, and red wine never made me gain. So the next thing I try off protocol - that's right - a glass of red wine. :) Someone on the forum told me that when your body is in ketosis it burns off alcohol first. This person has also experimented with red wine & still had a loss the next morning. Otherwise, I'll have to think about what I'm willing to experiment with. No sugars and starches for sure... I am not going to push it. :)

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great :-)Make sure and let us know how the experiment with the red wine goes!
    ~~Christy

    ReplyDelete