Wednesday, October 28, 2009

P3 Day 15 (I checked!) 138.6 lbs =D ....and a cake recipe!

So yesterday I felt yukky, my tummy wasn't right. I had a small banana at work because the apples were rotten in the breakroom. We aren't supposed to have bananas on P3 but apparently it caused me no ill will. I'm down a pound from yesterday after a banana, tons of scrambled eggs with cheese & spinach, and most of all the SCRUMPTIOUS chocolate mug P3 friendly cake I had last night! THIS... will be carried over into P4 with me no doubt!

The biggest issue - finding Almond Flour. Even my health food store didn't have it. Whole foods is a good 45 minutes away from me, but people say you can find it there. I ordered it online from honeyville.com. WARNING - EXPENSIVE lol! But I have a 5 lb bag and I bet you it lasts a lonnnnnng time. It's so worth it to me to have this cake! The cake is special to me lol! Oh, I've also heard if you have a Trader Joe's or a Kroger you should check there for Almond Flour. You can also use coconut flour in this recipe. I'm just showing how I made mine :) And I think coconut flour is one of those things you can only find online. Anyway, enjoy!

Chocolate Mug Cake

This recipe is for one serving and is cooked in a coffee mug in the microwave
Ingredients:

4 Tlbs. Almond Flour
4 Tlbs. Sugar Alternative (I use baking splenda)
2 Tlbs. cocoa powder
1 egg
3 Tlbs. milk
3 Tlbs. oil (I used olive oil)
Splash of Vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Mix all dry ingredients in mug, add egg and blend thoroughly. Add milk, oil and vanilla and mix. Place in 1000 watt microwave for three (3) mintues. (I am doing 2 minutes in my 1250 watt microwave) Do not cover mug. Cake will rise over top - do not be alarmed. Let cool and place on plate. Add a little whipped cream to top.

I tried this for the first time last night (my almond flour just arrived!) and it was HEAVENLY!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Great tips and 'warnings' for things to avoid while on P3..those dasterdly sugar free things! I am enjoying my first steak day..NOT! I feel a little discouraged today, but will try to not let it overwhelm me!

    You go girl, you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe post. I actually had an easier time finding coconut flour than almond flour at my grocery store. Hopefully the mug cake will be just as tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cake recipe! Congratulations on your success on this round.

    About the sugar free stuff...I don't want to dis on what's working for you, but I want point out that Splenda is one of those synthetic chemicals that many people consider unsafe that you mentioned when you were talking about those sugar-free desserts. Lots of people use it with no problems, at least in the short term, others have very bad reactions, such as unexplained depression, rashes, etc. I would encourage you to investigate on your own and come to your own conclusions about it.

    My naturopath has recommended only xylitol and stevia as sugar alternatives. Xylitol IS mildly caloric, and stevia is slightly controversial as well, so I know there's no perfect solution. Good luck with the rest of Phase 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splenda has had no ill effect on me so far, thank GOD because I really don't care for Stevia lol!

    = )

    ReplyDelete


  5. Information is pretty good and impressed me a lot. This article is quite in-depth and gives a good overview of the topic. If you are looking for free car removal Toowoomba OR cash for car Brisbane than Carbuyer is best option for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Article! Thanks for sharing this types of article is very helpful for us! If you looking for quick car detailing near me and professional car detailing Brisbane than Quickcardetailing is best place to help you.


    Excellent Article! Thanks for sharing this types of article is very helpful for us! If you looking for free car removal Southport or free scrap car removal Thornlands than Cash for cars today is best place to help you.

    ReplyDelete